NSR mosler 25 K sidewinder setup

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Tech Tips / Q & A / Tutorials NSR mosler 25 K sidewinder setup

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all

I am seeking help with the setup of my new NSR Mosler, I am running the 25K sidewinder setup, with airride nsr wheels and at prestent Slotit F22 tyres (not guled) we do not allow magnets in our racing, but do allow weight placement.

As we run terrordoor wood track i have weight behind the front guide and under the rear axel, the car is running better than before. The body screws are about 1/2 a trun to a turn loose and the center pod screws are now tight, i did have these free but seems to work better with them tight.

The car is still very tail happy. I have also placed a 50 tho spacer on the guide, this did seem to help the car.

As i am new to this i am seeking any help possible.

In this class gearing is open/ and the car can be changed to run the angel winder motor which i had read can sometimes be the better motor. Tyres are open to NSR or MJK only

Keymaster

West,

I think the sidewinder motor orientation is the best on NSR cars; inline is also not bad, just not as smooth as the sidewinder. We have had no luck with the anglewinder setup, the long can motors produce too much torque, even after replacing the chassis and motor-pod with their hardest options, the car still hops when being accelerated.

One think that we noticed on our wood track was that the air-ride hubs will increase the chance of a car to hop; replacing those hubs with regulars (solid center rib) would decrease hopping greatly.

Now, I would assume a problem with the tires if your car is tail happy but since you mentioned the air-ride hubs, those could be the problem – I have not had any luck with that type of hub. Also, assuming F22 are the best tires for your track, NSR super grips should be the best alternative – between NSR and MJK.

I hope this helps, keep us posted.

Participant

I would have though so to, but i have a friend running the NSR Mosler with the angel winder setup, the 21400k with magnettic effect, standard gear ratio for this car when bought from NSR, air ride wheels and Slotit F22 tyres weight behind guide, and some either side of motor pod. Pod is tight and boby screws loose, and the thing flys around our track.

So i am starting to think that the 25K motor is to much for our track and that the extra tourque is good as if the car is setup right gives that extra punch out of the corners.

I do admit the 25K on the straight catches up, but lots of time is lost in the corners. or big track is not what id call a speed track.

I did some testing on the weekend and did get my car down to the low 6sec laps, but not quick enough, as his car first lap 5.9sec and then went down to a low 5.6sec lap 🙁 so as i said im thinking that the long can motor might be the key.

Also i have been reading on some other blogs that drivers say there is to much speed from the 25K.

but before i change i will try some soild rims and hope this works.

Thank you for the help.

Im not sure how to send or post photos of our track but would love to share and let you see the four tracks we race on

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.