Series Manager: David.
This series will be raced in the first half of 2018 (H1).
Return with us to the days of MTV and Nintendo and the sleek Group C and GTP Prototype race cars. These ultimate sports racers, from the bulletproof Porsche 956/962 to the Jaguars, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, and more, battled for supremacy at Le Mans and Spa and Sebring and racetracks all over the world. Slot cars eligible for this series are limited to any of the Group C/IMSA GTPs from the Slot.it company and tuning options are limited to gears, tires, and general car preparation.
Fees: $5 ASCC members; $10 non-members.
Slot.It Group-C or IMSA models
- Jaguar XJR6, XJR9 & XJR12
- Lancia LC2 & LC2/85
- Mazda 787B
- Porsche 956 & 962 (C/IMSA)
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Toyota 88C
- Nissan R89C
- Modifications prohibited (except as follows)
- OEM hard cockpits and Glass mandatory; Lexan cockpits prohibited.
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact (e.g. windows and wings). Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small parts damaged from accidents do not have to be replaced.
- Wings mandatory during green flag. Wing repairs must occur during green flag. Wings not replaced before end of the heat incur 10 lap penalty. Wing’s lost or damaged in last lap do not incur a penalty.
- White kits allowed – but must be painted (or decaled uniquely) with at least one coat of paint. At least two numbers must be visible.
- Body screws open choice. Optionally taped to prevent loss. If a screw falls off the car and causes an issue with a competitor’s car, Five lap penalty applied.
- Light kits allowed. Removal of body material for light installation must be minimum. For example, a hole that allows the LED to be shown is acceptable, but a complete cutting off/removal of a head light bucket is not. “Too much” determined by the scrutineer.
- No modifications to chassis allowed unless otherwise specified.
- OEM Slot.It chassis accepted (EVO, EVO6, etc.). Metal or Slot.It HRS general or upgrade chassis prohibited.
- Chassis must be of type intended for body. Motor pod cut-outs can be removed.
- Only flashing on chassis may be removed to allow better floating of the body. Excessive removal determined by scruitineer.
- Front axle lower adjustment caps allowed. Modification to the upper axle loops is prohibited.
- Slot.It guides mandatory – SICH-07 deep wood screw guide highly recommended.
- Pick-up braids open choice.
- Traction magnets prohibited.
- Ballast allowed; must must be above the chassis pan. 5 lap penalty will be imposed if ballast falls onto track and causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Lead wires – free choice.
- Slot.It independent front axle kit allowed. Slot.It magnetic suspension kits allowed.
- Wheel/tire must not we visible outside wheel-well/fender when viewed from above.
- Slot.It 21.5K (orange end-bell) motors mandatory (23k allowed)
- Modifications to motor (arm or magnet substitutions prohibited).
- Inline motor orientation mandatory.
- Motor pod prohibited from protruding below chassis.
- Only flashing may be removed from motor pod to allow better float. Excessive removal of material determined by scrutineer.
- Slot.It stop/axle collars allowed. Spacers/washers open choice.
- Slot.it CH14 (stock) spherical bushings mandatory.
- Tape may be used to prevent the Pod Screws from falling out.
- Slot.It gears and pinions mandatory.
- Gear Ratio open-choice.
- Modifications to Crowns or Pinions prohibited
- Slot.it PA17, PA43, WH1183, WH1185 wheels allowed.
- Slot.it wheel inserts are mandatory.
- Inserts may be interchanged from different models.
- Modifications prohibited.
- Only Slot.It axles allowed. Modifications to axles prohibited.
- Only Slot.It tires are allowed.
- Tires may be glued to the wheels, trued and have their edges rounded.
- Traction compounds prohibited.
Zero-Grip (front) F30 (rear) tires highly recommended.
Track Power: 11v
If it is not mentioned it is not legal. These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.