Series Manager: Marty M/Porsche917
Period: Q1 – Jan – March (2 rounds per month)
Return with us to the days of MTV and Nintendo and the sleek Group C and GTP Prototype race cars. These ultimate sports racers, from the bulletproof Porsche 956/962 to the Jaguars, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, and more, battled for supremacy at Le Mans and Spa and Sebring and racetracks all over the world. Slot cars eligible for this series are limited to any of the Group C/IMSA GTPs from the Slot.it company and tuning options are limited to gears, tires, and general car preparation.
Race Fees: $5 Premium members, $10 Standard members; $15 guests
Slot.It Group-C or IMSA models
- Porsche 956 & 962 (C/IMSA)
- Lancia LC2 & LC2/85
- Mazda 787B
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Toyota 88C
- Nissan R89C
- Jaguar XJR6, XJR9 & XJR12 *
- Mandatory: OEM hard cockpits and Glass; Prohibited: Lexan cockpits
- Mandatory: Body must start every race with all major parts intact (e.g. windows and wings).
- Permitted: Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small parts damaged from accidents do not have to be replaced.
- Mandatory: Wings must be attached at Green flag for Heat. Wing repairs must occur during green flag. Wings not replaced before end of a Heat incur 10 lap penalty.
- Wings lost or damaged in last lap do Not incur a penalty.
- Permitted: White kits and Fantasy Liveries. White Kits must be painted (or decaled uniquely) with at least one coat. At least two numbers must be visible.
- Open Choice: Body and pod screws. Optionally taped to prevent loss. Lost screws that cause issues with a competitor’s car, incur a Five lap penalty.
- Permitted: Light kits. Removal of body material for light installation must be minimum. e.g. a hole for an LED is acceptable, but a complete removal of a head light bucket is Not. What is considered “Too much” – will be determined by the Scrutineer.
- Mandatory: Chassis must be of type intended for body. Permitted: Motor pod cut-outs can be removed.
- Permitted: OEM Slot.It chassis (EVO, EVO6, etc.) Prohibited: Metal or Slot.IT HRS upgrade chassis
- Permitted: Flashing on chassis/body may be trimmed to allow better “Float”. “Too much” – will be determined by the Scrutineer.
- Permitted: OEM Front axle lower adjustment Caps. Prohibited: Modification to the upper axle loops (on older NOS chassis w/o adjustable axle carriers).
- Mandatory: Slot.IT brand guides; SICH-07 deep wood/routed screw guide highly recommended.
- Open Choice: Pick-up braids; Motor/lead wires.
- Prohibited: Traction magnets; ballast below the pan./chassis; chassis/pod contacting the track.
- Permitted: Ballast (lead, tungsten, etc.) above the chassis pan. Lost screws that cause issues with a competitor’s car, incur a Five lap penalty.
- Permitted: Slot.IT independent front axle kit; Slot.IT magnetic suspension kits.
Motor & Mounting Pod/carrier
- Mandatory: Slot.IT brand 21.5K or 23k RPM motors – Inline orientation/pod.
- Slot.IT SIMX16 V12/4, short-can, 23K rpm motor Inline 170 g*cm; Older, SIMX06 V12/3, short-can, 21.5K rpm motor Inline 170 g*cm
- Permitted: Motor mounting screws; tape; glue. Tape used to prevent Pod Screws from falling out.
- Prohibited: Modifications to armature, bushings, magnets; POD protruding below chassis.
- Permitted: Flashing may be trimmed from Pod to allow better “Float”. “Too much” – will be determined by the Scrutineer.
- Mandatory: Slot.IT CH14 (stock) spherical bushings
- Mandatory: Slot.IT brand gears and pinions.
- Open Choice: Gear Ratio
- Prohibited: Modifications to Crowns or Pinions
- Permitted: Slot.IT Series PA17, PA43, WH1183, WH1185 Rear Wheels
- 15.8d x 10w, 16.5d x10w; 17.3d x 10w
- Mandatory: Slot.IT wheel inserts; Open Choice in insert styles
- Prohibited: Modifications (drilling). Width: Wheel/tire must not be visible beyond wheel-well/fender when viewed from above.
- Mandatory: Slot.IT brand tires.
- PT28; 20d X 10w; F30 (30-shore) Rubber Compound *limited new stock availability
- PT27; 20d X 10w; F22 (22-shore) Rubber Compound *limited new stock availability
- PT1171G25; 20d X 10w; G25 (25-shore) Rubber Compound *replaced by PT1207G25
- PT1207G25; 18~19.5d X 10w; G25 (25-shore) Rubber Compound
- PT1207F22; 18~19.5d X 10w; F22 (22-shore) Rubber Compound
- PT1207N22; 18~19.5d X 10w; N22 (22-shore) Urethane-ish Compound
- Recommended: Zero-Grip Slot.IT Front Tires (SIPT07 19x11mm; SIPT15 17x10mm)
- Permitted: Gluing; Truing; Chamfering (rounding).
- Prohibited: Glazing the front tires with nail polish or CA. Traction compounds; Oil Soaking; Goop/Bite.
- Mandatory: Slot.IT brand axles.
- Open Choice: Axle collars/Stoppers. Spacers/washers.
- Prohibited: Modifications.
Power 12 v
General If it is not mentioned it is not legal. Rules are to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.