Series Manager: Russell
Schedule: Q1 2022 (January-March) – see Google calendar for exact dates.
ThunderSlot was founded by Giovanni Montiglio, a designer from NSR who wanted to create a higher quality but more affordable product, based on design elements that proved successful at both NSR and Slot.IT. His inaugural offerings were LOLA-T70 MK-III coupes and spyders that were successful in the late 1960s. These cars have fantastic performance out-of-the-box. Components are high-quality including motors equivalent to Slot.IT Orange-end-bells (21.5k), NSR style chassis and triangle motor pods, with durable lightweight bodies plus Lexan interiors. The use of a similar platform and minimal modifications makes this both a driving and tuning challenge, weighted toward driver skill.
Race Fees: $5 Premium members, $10 Standard members; $15 guests
- #2-Red-coupe Surtees/Hobbs-BOAC500 Brands Hatch 1967 (CA00101S/W)
- #2-Yellow-coupe Bonnier/Axelsson-BOAC500 Brands Hatch 1968 (CA00102S/W)
- #8-Blue-coupe Leslie/Motschenbacher-Daytona 24Hrs 1969 (CA00103S/W)
- #30-Blue-spyder Gurney CANAM Bridgehampton 1966 (CA00201S/W)
- #52-White-spyder Revson CANAM Laguna Seca 1967 (CA00202S/W)
- White-kit coupe (CA001KS/W)
- White-kit spyder/CanAm (CA002KS/W)
- Other liveries available; fantasy liveries allowed.
- The newer Thunderslot McLarens and McLaren-Elvas will be allowed as of 2022
- OEM Lexan interiors, hard driver, hard glass Mandatory
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact (e.g. windows, spoilers). Small parts lost in wrecks not required (e.g. antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks)
- Duplicate liveries must be unique -at least with different race numbers. Fantasy liveries allowed – white kits must be painted or decaled and have at least two numbers.
- Body screws: OEM Torx-6 Mandatory. Optionally taped.
- Minor Trimming of wheel wells for tire clearance allowed. Excessive trimming determined by Scrutineer.
- OEM 21,500rpm 175gm-cm motor (MTMach21) Mandatory. Wrapper or can-tattoos clearly identifying motor must be visible during inspection.
- Prohibited: Modifications (rewinds, armature or magnet substitutions, zapping)
- OEM Can-end screws recommended to secure motor. Gluing permitted.
Chassis and Motor Pod
- POD OEM Med (Black MTS001B) Mandatory.
- CHASSIS OEM Med (Black CHS001B) Mandatory.
- Re-enforcements allowed (styrene, piano wire, etc) but must be above chassis pan.
- Although the OEM body has float -and naturally fits close to the chassis- MINOR trimming to permit float is allowed – however excessive gap Prohibited.
- Traction magnets prohibited. Ballast allowed, must be above chassis pan.
- The small nub on the top of the motor pod directly behind the front motor pod mounting screw can be removed to more easily add ballast.
- Any spacers on the front body mount posts may be used to provide clearance for tires or front spoilers.
- OEM Guide (GU001) and new THGU00 deep wood guide allowed
- Guide spacers – Open Choice.
- Pick-up braids and motor-lead wires – Open Choice.
- Gear Ratio Open Choice.
- Pinion can be glued with Loctite Red (271)
- Front: OEM nylon wheels -or- Slot.IT 15X8 alloys (SIW15808215A) allowed.
- Rear: OEM 15X10mm Alloy Wheels allowed (THRMR002AL) or (THRMR001AL)
- OEM Inserts Mandatory (can be painted)
- Front: OEM Treaded 18X9mm (TYC001FR) or Upgrade low-grip16X9mm (TYR003FR) allowed Slot.IT SIPT-15 17×10 Zero Grips allowed.
- Rear: OEM Treaded Tires (TYC002R) or Upgrade slick 19X10mm (TYR004R standard) allowed.
- Tires may be glued; trued; edges profiled/camfered/rounded.
- Traction compounds Prohibited. Tires cannot protrude beyond wheel-wells/fenders when viewed from above.
- OEM axles Mandatory.
- Spacers/washers – Open Choice.
- Front axle height adjustment grub screws – Open Choice.
Power 12 volts
General If it is not mentioned – contact Series Manager for legality (BEFORE the first race). Cars may be presented to Series Manager any time before the first race for a test inspection.