Series Manager: Russell
Schedule: Q2-2020 (April-June) – see Google calendar for exact dates.
ThunderSlot was founded by Giovanni Montiglio, a designer from NSR who wanted to create a higher quality but more affordable product, based on design elements that proved successful at both NSR and Slot.It. His inaugural offerings are LOLA T70 MK-III coupes and spyders that were successful in the late 1960s. These cars have fantastic performance out-of-the-box. Components are high-quality including motors equivalent to Slot.It Orange-end-bells (21.5k), NSR style chassis and triangle motor pods, with durable lightweight bodies plus Lexan interiors. The use of a similar platform and minimal modifications makes this both a driving and tuning challenge, weighted toward driver skill.
Fees: Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC premium members, $10 for standard members and $15 for non-members.
- #2-Red-coupe Surtees/Hobbs-BOAC500 Brands Hatch 1967 (CA00101S/W)
- #2-Yellow-coupe Bonnier/Axelsson-BOAC500 Brands Hatch 1968 (CA00102S/W)
- #8-Blue-coupe Leslie/Motschenbacher-Daytona 24Hrs 1969 (CA00103S/W)
- #30-Blue-spyder Gurney CANAM Bridgehampton 1966 (CA00201S/W)
- #52-White-spyder Revson CANAM Laguna Seca 1967 (CA00202S/W)
- White-kit coupe (CA001KS/W)
- White-kit spyder/CanAm (CA002KS/W)
- *Newer Lola models allowed. McLaren M6A Allowed, McLaren Elva is not allowed
- OEM Lexan interiors, hard driver, hard glass mandatory
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact (e.g. windows, spoilers). Small parts lost in wrecks not required (e.g. antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks)
- Duplicate liveries must be unique -at least with different race numbers. Fantasy liveries allowed – white kits must be painted or decaled and have at least two numbers.
- Body screws: OEM Torx-6 mandatory. Optionally taped.
- Minor Trimming of wheel wells for tire clearance allowed. Excessive trimming determined by Scrutineer.
- OEM 21,500rpm 175gm-cm motor (MTMach21) mandatory. Wrapper or can-tattoos clearly identifying motor must be visible during inspection.
- Modifications (rewinds, armature or magnet substitutions, zapping) prohibited.
- OEM Can-end screws recommended to secure motor. Gluing allowed.
Chassis and Motor Pod
- POD OEM Med (Black MTS001B) mandatory.
- CHASSIS OEM Med (Black CHS001B) mandatory.
- Re-enforcements allowed (styrene, piano wire, etc) but must be above chassis pan.
- Although the OEM body has float -and naturally fits close to the chassis- MINOR trimming to permit float is allowed – however excessive gap prohibited.
- Traction magnets prohibited. Ballast allowed, must be above chassis pan.
- The small nub on the top of the motor pod directly behind the front motor pod mounting screw can be removed to more easily add ballast.
- Any spacers on the front body mount posts may be used to provide clearance for tires or front spoilers.
- OEM Guide (GU001) and new THGU00 deep wood guide allowed
- Guide spacers – open choice.
- Pick-up braids and motor-lead wires – open choice.
- Pinions and spur gears are open choice
- Pinion can be glued with Loctite Red (271)
- Front: OEM nylon wheels -or- Slot.IT 15X8 alloys (SIW15808215A) allowed.
- Rear: OEM 15X10mm Alloy Wheels allowed (THRMR002AL) or (THRMR001AL)
- OEM Inserts mandatory (can be painted)
- Front: OEM Treaded 18X9mm (TYC001FR) or Upgrade low-grip16X9mm (TYR003FR) allowed Slot.IT SIPT-15 17×10 Zero Grips allowed.
- Rear: OEM Treaded Tires (TYC002R) or Upgrade slick 19X10mm (TYR004R standard) allowed.
- Tires may be glued; trued; edges profiled/camfered.
- Traction compounds prohibited. Tires cannot protrude beyond wheel-wells/fenders when viewed from above.
- OEM axles mandatory.
- Spacers/washers – open choice.
- Front axle height adjustment grub screws – open choice.
Power 12 volts
General If it is not mentioned – contact Series Manager for legality (BEFORE the first race). Cars may be presented to Series Manager any time before the first race for a test inspection.