Series Manager: Marty M. (aka porsche917)
Period: Q1 – Jan – March (2 rounds per month)
Return with us to the days of MTV and Nintendo and the sleek Group C and GTP Prototype race cars. These ultimate sports racers, from the bulletproof Porsche 956/962 to the Jaguars, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, and more, battled for supremacy at Le Mans, SPA, Sebring and racetracks all over the world. Slot cars eligible for this series are limited to any of the Group C/IMSA GTPs from the Slot.IT company. Tuning options are limited to gears, tires, and general car preparation.
Race Fees: $5 Premium members, $10 Standard members; $15 guests
Slot.It Group C Models Allowed
- Jaguar XJR6, XJR9, XJR10, XJR11, XJR12
- Lancia LC2/84, LC2/85
- Mazda 787B
- Nissan R89C, R90V, R91VP
- Porsche 956, 962, 962 IMSA
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Toyota 86C, 88C, JTK 63C
- The body cannot be modified in any way.
- The stock plastic cockpits and glass are mandatory
- Lexan cockpits or glass are prohibited.
- Body must start every heat with radiators, windows, and wings in their correct location. If any of these items fall off during a heat they must be repaired before the next heat starts.
- Antennas, mirrors, wipers, and tow hooks are not required and do not have to be replaced if they come off.
- White kits are allowed but must be painted, or uniquely decaled with at least one coat of paint. At least two numbers must be visible.
- Body screws open choice. These can be taped to prevent loss. Any car that loses a screw and causes an issue with a competitor’s car will have a 5 lap penalty applied.
- No modifications to the chassis are allowed.
- Chassis must be Slot.It or Policar that is intended for the body.
- Motor pod cut-outs can be removed.
- Flashing on the chassis may be removed to allow better floating of the body. The gap between the chassis and the body cannot be greater than the thickness of a credit card.
- Front axle lower adjustment caps are optional.
- Modification to the upper axle loops is prohibited.
- Front axle height adjusting grub screws are open choice.
- Magnets of any type are prohibited.
- Ballast is allowed but must be above the chassis pan. A 5-lap penalty will be imposed if ballast falls onto the track and causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Slot.it guides are mandatory. The Slot.it SICH-07 deep wood screw guide highly recommended.
- Pick-up braids are open choice.
- Guide spacers are open choice
- Wheel/tire must not be visible outside wheel-well/fender when viewed from above.
- The static weight of the car cannot exceed 120 grams.
- Magnetic downforce cannot exceed 30 grams.
- Slot.it V12/4 23K motors are mandatory. The older version of this motor has a dark orange end while the newer motors have a white end.
- The small circuit board on top of the motor can be removed.
- Any modifications to the motor are strictly prohibited.
- Lead wires and lead wire guide terminals are open choice.
- Slot.it in-line motor orientation is mandatory.
- The motor pod is prohibited from protruding below the chassis.
- Flashing may be removed from the motor pod to allow better float. Excessive removal of material determined by the scrutineer.
- Motor can be held in place with screws. Screws are open choice.
- Motors cannot be held in with tape or glue.
- Slot.it stop/axle collars are allowed.
- Spacers/washers are open choice.
- Slot.it CH14 or CH56b spherical bushings are mandatory.
- Pod screws are open choice.
- Tape may be used to prevent the pod screws from falling out.
- Tape over the motor pod to limit pod movement is not allowed.
- Slot.it suspension kits are not allowed.
- Slot.it in-line crown gears and pinions are mandatory.
- All versions of Slot.it’s in-line crowns are allowed.
- Gear ratio is open.
- Modifications to crown gears or pinions are prohibited.
- Slot.it wheels are mandatory.
- Rear wheels –
- Diameter – 15.8mm or 16.5mm
- Width – 8.2mm or 10.2mm
- Material – Aluminum or magnesium
- Front wheels – only 15.8mm wheels are allowed.
- Diameter – Only 15.8mm
- Width – Only 8.2mm
- Material – Plastic, aluminum, or magnesium
- Rear wheels –
- Slot.it wheel inserts are mandatory
- Any Slot.it Group C wheel inserts may be used.
- Any modifications to the wheels are prohibited.
- Only Slot.it axles are allowed.
- Any modifications to axles are prohibited.
- Slot.it independent front axle kit is allowed.
- Axle spacers and axle stops are allowed.
- Front tires must be Slot.it tires.
- Front tires must be 10mm wide.
- Rear tires can be any 10mm width Slot.it tire or any 10mm width NSR Supergrip or Ultragrip tire.
- Tires may be glued to the wheels, trued, and have their edges rounded.
- Traction compounds are prohibited.
- Varnishing the front tires to make them slick is not allowed.
- Zero-Grip (front) tires are highly recommended.
Track Power: 12.5 volts
If it is not mentioned it is not legal. These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.