The ASCC Modern Touring Car series follows the spirit of modern Touring Car series from around the globe such as the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) and British Touring Car Championship (BTCC), pitting the cars we see on the road each day against each other in the their best racing trim on the track.
Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC members and $10 for non-members.
Any Injection molded or resin bodied car from the approved list that was marketed as a 1/32 scale Ready-to-Run (RTR) slot car. No vacuum formed or blow molded bodies. Cars are required to have been in actual real world (1:1 scale) production AFTER January 1, 1999 (15 year window).
Approved List (DTM models are allowed but frowned upon):
Body & Chassis
- Original or universal chassis, made of plastic, are allowed (e.g. HRS/ HRS2). Chassis may be braced, reinforced or strengthened. Body screws should be taped to prevent loss.
- Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above.
- Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.
- Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.
- Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed.
- Headlights and tail lights are required, but are not required to actually illuminate.
- Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top. Rear shelf is required under rear window, if car has a rear window. Driver figure must be included. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.
- Maximum weight limit is 105 Gm. Maximum width is 2.44″ (62mm).
Wheels and Tires
- Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.
- Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels, unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail. Blank disc wheels, and wheels pierced with simple holes, must be covered with inserts.
- Minimum wheel size is nominal 15.8mm diameter over center-rib (e.g. Slot.it PA17 wheel family – simulating 15″).
- Tires may be of any rubber/urethane compound. Silicon tires are expressly forbidden.
- Minimum front tire width is 8mm; minimum front tire diameter is 17mm. Slot.It Low Profile Zero Grips (SIPT-015) tires, and others of that size are prohibited, due to non-scale appearance. Clear finish may be applied to tire tread area.
- Minimum rear tire width is 8mm; minimum rear tire diameter is 17mm. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.
- Any commercially available sealed-can slot car motor that produces less than 30K rpm at 12 Volts is allowed. No rewinds or “mod motors” allowed.
- Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.
- Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.
- Wheels, tires, gears, axles, guides, braids, wires, and bearings may be modified or replaced by any manufacturer’s parts. All-wheel drive, and multiple motors, may be used only if the actual car used them.
- Weight/ballast can be added to the car but must be contained on the inside of the body.
- Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed.
- No traction magnets allowed.
- Bushings can be glued into place.
- Slot Car Corner’s adjustable front axle mounts can be installed.
- B-Nova guide and motor adapters can be installed.
If it is not mentioned it is not legal.
These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.