Series Manager: Marty M.
This series will be raced in the first half of 2021 (H1).
The years of 1976-82 were host to the 4th Generation Group 5 Series. The period rules dictated that the lines of a production car needed to be maintained above the wheel arches, mostly everything else was unrestricted. These turbocharged Monsters with 500+ HP under the hood and no traction control or fancy driving aids demanded every last bit of skill of those who dared tame them.
Racer Sideways Group 5 Series Rules
All Racer Sideways Group 5 Models Allowed
- Ferrari 512BB
- Lancia Stratos
- Lancia Beta Montecarlo
- BMW M1
- BMW 320i
- Ford Mustang
- Ford Capri
- Porsche 935 K2
- Porsche Moby Dick
- Toyota Celica
- Nissan Skyline
Body and Interior
- Modifications to the body or interior are prohibited.
- Sanding of the body in any way is not allowed
- OEM hard cockpits and glass are mandatory
- Lexan cockpits prohibited.
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact (e.g. windows and wings). Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small parts damaged from accidents do not have to be replaced.
- Wings must be on the car for the start of the heat.
- White kits are allowed but must be painted (or decaled uniquely) with at least one coat of paint. At least two numbers must be visible.
- Body screws open choice.
- Body screws may be taped to prevent loss. If a screw falls off the car and causes an issue with a competitor’s car a five lap penalty will be applied.
- Wheel/tire must not be visible outside wheel-well/fender of the car when viewed from above.
- Only the chassis designed for the model may be used.
- The chassis may be sanded to allow for body float. The gap between the chassis and body may not be wider than the width of a credit card.
- Slot.it or NSR s-can motors that produces up to 23K rpm at 12 Volts are allowed.
- Modifications to motor (arm or magnet substitutions prohibited).
- Inline s-can motor orientation mandatory.
- All off-sets allowed.
- Only flashing may be removed from motor pod to allow better float. Excessive removal of material determined by scrutineer.
- Slot.it stop/axle collars allowed. Spacers/washers open choice.
- Slot.it spherical bushings mandatory.
- Motor pod screws are open choice.
- Tape may be used to prevent the Pod Screws from falling out.
- Spring and magnetic suspension packages are not allowed.
- Open choice. Any braid may be used.
- Open choice. Any motor wire may be used.
- The stock or any Slot.it guide may be used.
- Slot.it in-line crown gears and pinions are mandatory.
- Gear ratio is open-choice.
- Modifications to crowns or pinions is prohibited
- Stock or Slot.it wheels of equivalent sizes are allowed.
- Racer Sideways wheel inserts are mandatory.
- Inserts may be interchanged from different models.
- Modifications prohibited.
- Only the stock or solid Slot.it axles allowed.
- Modifications to axles prohibited.
- Hollow axles are not allowed.
- Slot.it independent front axle kit is not allowed.
- Only the stock or Slot.it tires are allowed.
- Tires may be glued to the wheels, trued and have their edges rounded.
- Traction compounds prohibited.
- Nail polish or CA glue on front tires is not allowed.
- Maximum weight is 105 grams.
- Minimum weight is 70 grams.
- Ballast is allowed. Ballast must be inside the car. No ballast is allowed under the chassis. Ballast may be glued or taped. Ballast should not be visible from the outside of the car. If ballast finds its way off the car, a 5 lap penalty will be imposed if it causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
Track Power: 11v
- Magnets are expressly forbidden.
- If it is not mentioned it is not legal. These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.