Series Managers: Stephen & Jim.
The following are series specific rules. The club’s general racing framework can be found here: Race Series Format.
Fees: Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC members, and $10 for non-members.
- Any LMP car that raced after January 1st, 2000.
Body and Chassis
- 1.1: Body may be injection molded or resin, marketed as 1/32 scale.
- 1.2: Chassis and body do not have to be naturally mated RTR set from the same manufacturer. Podded & universal chassis are allowed. Chassis may be braced, reinforced or strengthened. Minor trimming is allowed for body float. Body screws should be taped to prevent loss.
- 1.3: Chassis may be modified to accept front axle mounts (SCC) or guide modifiers (B-NOVA).
- 1.4: Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above.
- 1.5: Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.
- 1.6: Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.
- 1.7: Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed.
- 1.8: Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top. Rear shelf is required under rear window, if car has a rear window. Driver figure must be included. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.
Wheels and Tires
- 2.1: Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.
- 2.2: Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels, unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail.
- 2.3: Minimum wheel size is nominal 15mm diameter over center-rib, or a scale 16″ (.500″) diameter over visible part of rim with tire mounted (simulating a nominal 15″ wheel), unless actual car raced with smaller wheels. F1 style wheels are not allowed, unless the actual car raced with 13″-14″ nominal diameter rims.
- 2.4: Minimum front tire width is 8mm. Front tires may be profiled so that a narrower area contacts the track, but must otherwise be full width.
- 2.5: Front tires may be of any rubber/urethane compound. Silicon tires are expressly forbidden. Tires must appear to be black. Clear finish may be applied to tire tread area.
- 2.6: No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.
- 3.1: Any commercially available sealed-can slot car motor is allowed. No rewinds or “mod motors” allowed.
- 3.2: Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.
- 3.3: Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.
- 4.1: Wheels, tires, gears, axles, guides, braids, wires, and bearings may be modified or replaced by any manufacturer’s parts that are readily available to all competitors. All-wheel drive, and multiple motors, may be used only if the actual car used them.
- 4.2: Weight/ballast can be added to the car but must be contained on the inside of the body.
- 4.3: Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed.
- 4.4: No traction magnets allowed.
Please use the forums if you have any question or sugestions regarding this series.