2023 Policar Vintage F1 Series

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2023 Policar Vintage F1 Series

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Post ’em when you have them!

Please post the car you plan to campaign to help others in the ordering of their car, if they don’t yet have it in hand.  🙂

B

I am planning on running the Jacky Ickx Ferrari 312B2 from the 1971 Zandvoort grand prix.  Jacky Ickx won the race from Pedro Rodriguez in his Yardley BRM by only 0.04 seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIcTz5DpM4

Participant

And I have the Ronnie Peterson JPS Lotus.

Lotus 72 Germany 1970 Jochen Rindt

Series managers – I have this car and though I’m planning on running the Ferrari I thought I would do some work to prepare this car to run.  I have to say this car is a pain in the butt.  All of the intricate parts at the rear of the car are not only too fragile but also rub on the rear axle.   I have had pieces fall off, rear disc brake on one side, one side of the roll bar, and another part that I don’t know what it was.  These parts look amazing and make the car look very realistic but the parts are also way too fragile.  I bring this up as I am curious how many of these parts will have to be on the car for it to pass inspection to run.

Participant

I plan on running the March 701 with a custom livery think

dreams at the moment

• This reply was modified 4 days, 23 hours ago by Avatar photoJay.
    Participant

oops

• This reply was modified 4 days, 23 hours ago by Avatar photoJay.

From John B.

For those of you who have not taken a Policar Vintage F1 car apart,  I want to give you fair warning, be careful!  Take out the 2 nose screws, the back two screws by the motor and the small brass screw behind the axle.  That is all!  5 screws total.  All have washers. When you lift the body with the engine together, the rear portion of the exhaust below the axle will slide or pop out of the headers.  That portion is held by the rear brass screw.   Shown below is a top view of the chassis,  a bottom view and the body with engine.  Take your time or you will break something.    Here is a good You Tube video on how to do it and tune the car.  It saved me some grief for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXUDRYf1hiA

Participant
    Participant

I am running the March of Sir Jackie Stewart blue number 1.  Runs great since I have not taken it apart or crashed into the wall.  Have not looked at youtube yet.

• This reply was modified 8 hours, 13 minutes ago by Avatar photoRadial TA.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.