Forum Replies Created
May 24, 2023 at 6:09 AM in reply to: One-Off Races for Fun #19036
March 26, 2023 at 6:25 PM in reply to: RevoSlot Group 2 Rally Series #18874
- An environmental race, meaning that we would run three heats: One in the light, one in the dark, and one with impaired visibility. Something like a “fogged” face shield or goggles worn by each driver.
- A TSD rally. (Time/Speed/Distance) Also known as a “regularity rally” [insert bathroom joke here :-)] This race will require a driver and navigator working together. The goal being to come as close as possible to a prescribed time over a predetermined distance. We can build in some controls to prevent stopping on track near the end to make the time by awarding points for closest time over distance, most consistent average time, lowest standard deviation between laps, etc… Not only challenging, but this could be a great way to build precision driving skills.
As I’m finishing up the assembly of my white kit, I must say that I’m impressed with the quality. Very little, if any flashing. Nothing warped in a weird way that requires any kind of remediation. It all just fits. And the chassis is mostly easy-peasy. If I have one small gripe, it is that the thickest body post shims don’t quite get the rear tires to clear the rear fenders at the width the tires are forced to with the box-stock axle spacers. Nothing that a bit of shimming or filing won’t fix.
Hat’s off to BRM/Revoslot!March 24, 2023 at 6:13 AM in reply to: RevoSlot Group 2 Rally Series #18853
That’s awesome, Mel! I have wrapped a car in the past. A BMW Group 5 M1. If you are willing, can you weigh the body before and after the wrap is applied? I neglected to do that with my BMW and have regretted that oversight, as I wanted to be able to compare the weight of wrap to that of a couple of coats and paint and a clear coat.
March 2, 2023 at 7:32 AM in reply to: 2023 Policar Vintage F1 Series #18793
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Bellator.
Rules are looking good.
I will be campaigning this lovely little BRM in the series.November 27, 2022 at 5:07 PM in reply to: 2023 – BRM Group 2 Series (Q3) #18512
Hmm… what do we have here?
November 20, 2022 at 12:47 PM in reply to: 2023 – BRM Group 2 Series (Q3) #18484
- This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Bellator.
There was a lot of discussion at the club meeting on Nov 19 regarding the difference in the Group 2 BMW’s available from BRM. The three pictures below should make it clear. The differences are largely in fender flares vs bulged fenders and the front air dams. Also, the LM version appears with an extra set of headlights mounted in one photo. I don’t remember seeing those on Randy’s, but maybe they are in the box.
It is worth noting that if you are looking at the white kits on BRM’s web site, the photos are wrong. The DRM and LM types are reversed.
I will be entering an Art Car version of one of these. Most likely the Type A.November 20, 2022 at 10:57 AM in reply to: 2023 – Ford vs Ferrari #18482
I really want to run whatever is under that red cover.
Baring that, I’ll be running this beauty:
November 13, 2022 at 6:02 PM in reply to: 2023 – BRM Group 2 Series (Q3) #18438
- This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Bellator.
Really struggling with the Alfa/BWM decision. Love them both. Will have to be a surprise. 😉October 26, 2022 at 6:13 AM in reply to: PROPOSAL-Allowed 21.5k Motors #18349
I’ll just continue to use my “re-branded” electric toothbrush motors.
Did I just say that out loud?!October 15, 2022 at 5:50 AM in reply to: Proposed 2023 Race Series #18324
Russell, I agree. Let’s get it down to something manageable and then we can put up the vote.
BOctober 14, 2022 at 6:59 PM in reply to: Proposed 2023 Race Series #18321
Guys, I will put up a poll after our meeting in which we can vote for next year’s series. It will use a ranking system that should drive out any ties or ambiguity.October 14, 2022 at 6:57 PM in reply to: Proposed 2023 Race Series #18320
1) Coordinate a proxy race.
2) Participate in a proxy race.
BSeptember 23, 2022 at 8:37 PM in reply to: 2022 – Modern GT3 (Q4-2022) #18267
I’m going to need a ruling on liveries regarding numbering. The presentation liveries only show two numbers. The rules say three must be visible. I can stick another number on the car, but it defeats the fidelity of the original livery.
what say you? 🙂
BSeptember 23, 2022 at 8:36 PM in reply to: 2022 – Modern GT3 (Q4-2022) #18266
Our first vacation in three years got in the way. (CO was amazing, by the way!)
Fortunately, I have a bunch of tires already glued/trued from Nationals. So a bit of motor break-in and balancing and I’ll be at a good starting point.
September 22, 2022 at 5:35 AM in reply to: 2022 – Modern GT3 (Q4-2022) #18263
- This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Bellator.
Yikes! Haven’t even unboxed the car… 🙁