2022 – NSR FIAT Abarth Rally (Q3-2022)

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2022 – NSR FIAT Abarth Rally (Q3-2022)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This is the head-thread for discussing rules, cars, testing for the 2022 NSR FIAT 500 Abarth Assetto Corse rally series.

Dave is our Series Manager.

Participant

Be careful to get the NSR car.  Racer is also making and non-eligible one that shows up on some websites.

I have a rules question – It was my understanding that the series was to be run as a stock series.  Does that go for the chassis as well or can we upgrade the chassis for a stiffer version – white or green?

Participant

You can make any changes you want as long as its NSR parts

Does this include hollow axles, lighter gears, lighter wheels, wider tires, etc.?

If so, this is not really a stock series as there are numerous things someone can change to make their car perform better.  It might be easier to limit the number of things that can be changed/upgraded.  This will also keep the cost down and make it more of a driver’s series.

Marty

Participant

I am ok with the stiff chassis option, which I have never done, but might try this time.  As for all NSR parts being legal replacements, I was not considering the stiff chassis or any changes Marty suggested above.  No changes would be my preference, but if anyone has noticed improvement with the stiff chassis let us know now.  I do not know if I could drive a car any faster then the speed of the box stock car with any clean up to the stock parts.  If anyone makes modifications with NSR parts, I want the changes noted for public display including part numbers, before the races start.  Thank you for your support!. (Bartles and Jaymes wine coolers)

The official rules have been posted to the rotator on the home page.  Please review.

The series will be for the most part stock.  Here are some highlights of the rules:

• Changes to gear ratios are allowed as long as the gears are NSR and made from the same material as the stock versions.
      • The updated chassis with triangular motor pod is allowed.
      • Motor orientation is open.  Sidewinder is the stock set up but you could run inline or sidewinder if you prefer.
      • Tires are open choice as long as they are NSR.
      • Motors are open choice as long as they are NSR.
      Participant

Kinda Rough but here is my entry.Fiat-500-Donahue Tribute Pas.

Participant

Lotus JR’s team-Ukraine Tribute

Lotus JR Ukraine

John’s Ukraine car is just screaming for a “Russian Warship, Go F**k Yourself” sticker on the back bumper.

Marty

Can I glue a small piece of plastic to the catch lip on the back of the chassis to limit the rearward movement of the chassis to keep the rear tires from rubbing the wheel wells?

Participant

Marty et al.  — I experienced the same surprising issue.

I agree that some kind of minor mod should be allowed.  Without the mod the car “grabs” (tires jam on the wells) in some of the corners and has inconsistent performance.

If you push the car backwards when installing the front screws it may solve the problem but is too inconsistent for a permanent or common solution.

Participant

Yes adjustments to the lip are ok.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

At 4-years old in Pensacola I repaired my steering linkage on my Ford Pedal-car. Dad later converted this car to a Blue Angel with ailerons and elevators with a working "stick/yoke"; the rudder was controlled by the steering wheel. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend drag races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX Cars were in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car (SIMCA) engines plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) I am a former mountain and road bike geek & perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"