2023 – Ford vs Ferrari

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2023 – Ford vs Ferrari

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

All – The rules for the H1 Ford vs Ferrari series are attached to this post.  Please review and reply with any comments.

It would also be nice if you could list the car you are planning to run so we limit the duplicate liveries.  Thanks!

Participant

Alan Mann 24 GT40 (Sebring)

Participant

I’d like to run the 412p #11/Mairesse & Beurlys.  Spa 1967

Two questions.

About tires, I have the stock fronts on currently which are 9.3mm wide. Are they not legal?

About guide: Is it legal to alter the shape of the guide (rounding sharp corners, etc.)?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatar photoDatto.
      Participant

Who is the manager for this race

David – John is the race manager.

Datto – the stock front tires are legal, they are considered 10mm.

Datto – Yes, you can shape the guide.  Rounding the corners or putting a finer point on the front, sanding down the sharp edges, sanding the rear of the guide so it does not catch on the chassis – all legal just as long as you are using a Slot.it guide.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatar photoporsche917.
      Participant

Which Ferraris are legal. All of them?

All Policar Ferrari 412P’s are legal.  See the chart below for the four models.

Note – it’s my understanding that only the CAR06c comes with the aluminum rear wheels under the base in the packaging.  Let me know if there are more models that come with the spare aluminum wheels.

I hope to be running the NART Ferrari P412 #25 from the 1967 Le Mans with Pedro Rodriguez and Giancarlo Baghetti at the wheel.

Keymaster

I really want to run whatever is under that red cover.

Baring that, I’ll be running this beauty:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatar photoBellator.

More information about using NSR tires on Slot.it/Policar wheels

I noticed that NSR produces a special rear tire to work on Slot.it wheels – #5262Black.  Once I noticed they produced a unique tire for Slot.it wheels I looked a little deeper at the differences between NSR and Slot.it wheels and discovered there is a 0.10mm difference between the center rib on the wheels.  All Slot.it wheels use a center rib that is 5.1mm wide while all the NSR wheels use a center rib that is 5.0mm wide.

Discovering this I thought there would be an issue in using NSR tires on Slot.it wheels.  Then I measured the NSR tires and discovered that the center rib on the tires measures anywhere from 5.1mm to 5.25mm so I don’t think mounting NSR tires to Slot.it wheels will be an issue.

Having said that, I would definitely make sure the tires were properly glued to the wheels.  At 12 volts you don’t want the tires coming off of the wheels.

Holy cow!  I don’t know if any of you running this series have checked the RPM on your motors but both of my motors were very “hot”.  I have one that has an RPM of 26.6K and another at 25.8K at 12 volts.  These are supposed to be the standard Slot.it 23K motors.  This may require me to gear down from the stock gearing or add a significant amount of weight.  Running one of these “hot” motors and the stock gearing the projected wheel RPM is 9,144.  That is super quick for a very light 58.5 gram car.  As they say in the Pirelli ad “Power is nothing without control”.

You have been warned.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatar photoporsche917.
      Participant

I finally got my GT40 together and ran laps this afternoon. Pretty stable with one tungsten weight.

Participant

Yikes! Just got my car last night. The work begins.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatar photoJay.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatar photoJay.
      Attachments:
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.