2017 WRC Rules discussion

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2017 WRC Rules discussion

This topic contains 33 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Radial TA 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    porsche917
    porsche917

Is the NSR Fiat Abarth S2000 legal for the series?  It raced in WRC events in the S2000 class just like the Mini and the Peugeot 207 (Avant Slot).

Marty

Autorama
    Autorama
    Keymaster

All,  major changes have been made to the series rules, please review a.s.a.p. and discuss them here.

Changes summary:

• Shawn will manage this series henceforth.
    • Clarification of the WRC category and cars allowed in the series.

chapracer65
    chapracer65

Question about eligible cars:  I was looking at Auto Art rally cars and came across several that would appear to be eligible models but have earlier liveries.  Examples:

Mitsubishi Lancer from 2002 rally

Subaru Impreza from 2004 rally

Peugeot 206 from 2003 rally

Ford FocusRS from 2003 rally

Did these cars change from 2002-4 rallies to 2005+ rallies?  Does the model have to be specified as a 2005-2015 livery?  Is it specific to the car (Peugeot 206 changed but Ford FocusRS did not, etc.?)   I see some cars do not specify year.  If I come across others, should I ask before purchasing?

turboman93
    turboman93

Russell,

The Peugeot 206 and Mitsubishi Lancer VII didn’t compete in 2005.  The Mitsubishi Lancer IX and X are the appropriate models.  The Ford Focus RS and Impreza of those years did.  The livery doesn’t have to be in 2005+, only the car model.

Please post to this forum if you have any questions before buying a car.  I’ll monitor on a daily basis.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by turboman93 turboman93.
    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by turboman93 turboman93.
    Autorama
    Autorama
    Keymaster

The following has been added / revised:

• Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above. Exception to the rule applies to the guide keel (only).
    chapracer65
    chapracer65
    chapracer65
    chapracer65

What about the “pro” series of SCX like this one: https://www.132slotcar.us/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_47&products_id=2929

How much of an advantage is four wheel drive?

The “pro” series claims other benefits like aluminum wheels, lightweight body, and adjustability.  I wanted the Sainz car but could take one of the pro cars if needed.  Is this series of cars better?

Thanks

turboman93
    turboman93

Russell,

Yes, the Xsara ran in 2005 and is legal.  I have exact SCX Pro car that I can bring to the track in a couple of weeks.  I’m camping this weekend for scouts otherwise I’d bring it on Saturday.  The 4 wheel drive system is a subject of debate.  The Pro cars are better than the regular cars as they have all the parts you’d be replacing in the standard car.

Radial TA
    Participant

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/blog/sloting-plus-3d-chassis-conversion/

Thanks for the information about the VW upgrade.  I have ordered the parts through King’s and they say everything is showing as available as of 2/26/17.  All parts I have never used so it should be a learning experience.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Sorry Ary, but what is really changed?  The Keel is the fin/blade and the longest part of the guide, hence the only component of the guide that could be visible from under the nose.  Also, how is this different from any other series where the general rule is that – from above, you are not allowed to have any part of the guide (aka. the keel/blade) visible from under the body,  spoiler or the chassis.

What am I not understanding … I do not understand the impact of the change b/c it appears there is no effective change.

"...I caught Maybelline at the top of the hill..." chuck berry

Autorama
    Autorama
    Keymaster

Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above. Exception to the rule applies to the guide keel (only).

The rule is to prevent guides being mounted beyond the body but still allowing guides, such as Scaleauto’s, where the keel go past the forward most point of the base,  to be used.

turboman93
    turboman93

John sent this through email and I wanted it collected here:

Shawn,

You are the WRC series manager.  Apologies for this not being on the forum but I still have not mastered that beast.  Ordered a Scalextric Ford Fiesta WRC car because it has a Sloting.Plus chassis and vacuum interior available for it.  The Stobart Fiesta came new in the box with the windows blacked out.  The rules specify clear glass. Other than buying another car, can I just install the vacuum formed interior with the drivers and navigator painted and move forward?

Thanks,

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by turboman93 turboman93.
    Attachments:
    1. IMG_1815.jpg

turboman93
    turboman93

John,

Sorry but the high impact cars are not allowed.  We determined that we wanted a realistic looking car so the clear glass and full interior are required.  You’ll need another body.

Radial TA
    Participant

I see 1 Ninco 4 wheel drive car, but the Electric Dreams site might not be showing which ones are 4WD.  Is Ninco the only brand of 4WD.  Is there a more informative site with 1:32 rally car info?

turboman93
    turboman93

Randy,

I wouldn’t get too focused on the 4WD thing.  In my experience, it really hasn’t helped or made a difference in the performance of the car.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.