2023 – BRM Group 2 Series

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2023 – BRM Group 2 Series

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Please post any notes or questions you have about the BRM Group 2 series.

Please post information and pics of the car you plan on running in this event.

Participant

BMW 91 Kleber Le Mans for Radial TA .  Kleber was the BFGoodrich French affiliate in the day.

I will be running the Ford Capri RS2600 from the 1973 Nurburgring 6 hour race.  The car was driven by K. Fritzinger (D) and H. Heyer (D).

Keymaster

Really struggling with the Alfa/BWM decision.  Love them both.  Will have to be a surprise.  😉

Participant

(un) BOX   

I like the Alfas but they are on pre-order and I could not stand to wait when this car with the lovely striping was available.  I think we should wait for the next batch of cars.

Keymaster

There was a lot of discussion at the club meeting on Nov 19 regarding the difference in the Group 2 BMW’s available from BRM.  The three pictures below should make it clear.  The differences are largely in fender flares vs bulged fenders and the front air dams. Also, the LM version appears with an extra set of headlights mounted in one photo.  I don’t remember seeing those on Randy’s, but maybe they are in the box.

It is worth noting that if you are looking at the white kits on BRM’s web site, the photos are wrong. The DRM and LM types are reversed.

I will be entering an Art Car version of one of these.  Most likely the Type A.

Type A

LM

DRM

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoBellator.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoBellator.
    Participant

Thanks to the understanding of you guys, I will be entering the # 81 Zender Scirocco

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoDatto. Reason: spelling
    Attachments:
    Participant

Follow up on the Saturday comparison of Russ’s Alfa and my BMW, maybe I will be lobbying for required minimum weight of the cars.  My car seems to be way heavier, but prettier.  Welcome Scirocco.  If all else fails the shortage of Alfas might be filled by race series time.

Participant

I will probably run one of these Alfas.  I just ordered them.

My bad.  I was doing an eBay search for BRM Alfa in 1:32 scale and there was a seller with a twin pack of Alfas, a red one and a yellow one.  I thought that would give me a couple of options and I went ahead and ordered it before checking the item more closely.  It was a twin pack of Revoslot Alfas.  So……I guess I will run one of them on the rally track.

Russell

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar photochapracer65.
    Keymaster

Hmm… what do we have here?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Avatar photoBellator.
    Participant

# 81 Zender Scirocco

Nice looking car Marc!

Brian – I love the possibilities.  Can’t wait to see it finished.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.