2018 series talk

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Radial TA 7 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Radial TA
    Participant

CAN AM!  I’m working on updating the 2014 series list of real cars from 1966-1973 and slot cars manufactured for this series.  There are numerous new manufactures, cars and 3D chassis that could expand the stable of competitive cars.  I’ll annotate the car chart to show which cars have Olifer, etc. available.  I am going to recommend that Racer Silverline (1/30) and Vanquish (1/28) not be allowed because they are too large.  If someone has a car from those companies that is measurably 1/32 that we can confirm we can add it.

I’ll draft series rules.  We should also specify some chassis and wheel rules based on Russell’s wild highly modified Porsche 917/30.  Resin bodies were allowed in 2014 so I propose we still allow them.

Since I expect to keep working on Saturdays at the golf course, I could only share Series Manager duties during non-daylight savings dates when I get off work at noon instead of 1:00 like now.  So consider being a Manager or co-manager.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

ECONO Super-Cars Update
    — Open gearing being considered; per Marty’s comments

PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
    Attached is a Word doc you can download and/or print to document details on the series you want to propose. Yes, of course you can edit the document as you need for your series. PLEASE DELETE anything from the template that is NOT directly related to your series. You can also simply PRINT this out and manually pen in your specs and bring copies to the Oct meeting (strike out anything not related to your series).
    Please do NOT copy in the existing rules about magnets, silicone, oil-soaking, wings, ballast, screws …. especially if they are not typically encountered in our races or rarely enforced. We got it – there are standard things we don’t allow. Only discuss a variation, allowance or new restriction.
    Please be very simple and direct to the point.

"...give me Fuel, give me Fire, my Desire..." metallica

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

CAN AM – Randy I will be glad to be your Assistant Manager. I will setup the track, prep for and execute Scrutineering if you are late, and help you with your first stories.
    —–
    RULES – IMHO, Russ’ custom wheels were legal and appropriate b/c the Donahue 1×1 917-30 had huge wheels/tires. Yes it dominated and so did Russell, but I doubt it was due to unfair advantage strictly from the tires/wheels. He put alot of work into the car and it could have easily failed – it was a fairly realistic process similar to what they did to the real 917-30 to make it win. His car was fat and heavy and easily could have been disadvantaged in the process.

So – for 2018, we could create a rule that for cars like the 917-30, F1 wheels would be spec’ed, therefore Not requiring (or allowing) someone to go through the custom wheel process that Russ did. Basically, for certain models we could allow the F1 wheels, but retain our standard spec that the tires have to be completely within the wheel-well/fenders. Realistically, if we have another CAN AM there is nothing wrong with keeping the spirit of the original 1×1 race and allowing the openness that made it the fast and exciting 1×1 series it was.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder.
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Attached is my proposal for an “Econo Super Car” series of Scaley High-Impact/Resistant:
    — Audi R18, Bugata Veryon, McLaren, Ferrari coupes
    — Motors must be the stock spec, but can be broke in and you pick from the best-of-the-litter. Perhaps all of us could break in our spare Scaley motors and bring them in to sell/trade?
    — The spur gear will be open, as per Marty’s concern to be able to tune the car to accomodate the inconsistent RPMs of the motors.

Radial TA
    Participant

Attached is a sheet of info for a CanAm series derived from the 2014 specs with updated eligible car info about almost ready to run like Slot.it, others with 3D chassis, and last the ones that have a body but the running gear is not up to par for our racing.

Radial TA
    Participant

Never mind about the TransAm suggestion earlier this year.

• This reply was modified 7 hours, 40 minutes ago by  Radial TA.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.