Schedule 2020

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Are we ready to set a new schedule for remainder of 2020?  I have RevoSlot, 1/24 BRM Mercedes and two targa floria cars in the drawer for this year.  For some reason my group c tires have gotten hard and won’t clean up.  We can drop group c #6.

Randy,

I don’t think we have a choice on the calendar.  I don’t really see us going back to racing as a group until 2021 first quarter.  I think we need to see how this proxy event goes and then see if this is something we want to continue with or have people come in at scheduled times to race and then collect the results and post a winner.  Its all very confussing at the moment.  Let’s see how this weekend goes.

Marty

Participant

ThunderSlot Schedule
      #1 July 11
      #2 July 22
      #3 Aug 8
      #4 Aug 22
      #5 Sept 12
      #6 Sept 26
      Annual Planning Meeting Oct 10

Participant

ThunderSlot Schedule
      #3 Aug 22
      #4 Sept 12
      #5 Sept 26
      Annual Planning Meeting Oct 10
      #6 Oct 17

?? Blacklight 10/31

It looks like we will be running proxy races for at least the next six months and should figure out what cars we would like to run in the two series that would run during those six months.

This would mean a series that would run in Q4 this year from October through December and the other Q1 from January through March.

I would like to see us run Slot It Group C for Q1 in 2021 since that is a tradition for the club.  We have already run Group C in 2020 and I would like to run something we have already proposed for 2020.  The remaining series we voted on running in 2020 were BRM Group C, Targa Florio on the rally track or Slot It DTM cars.  As nice as it would be to run one of those in Q4 I feel it would be difficult as many members have not had or will not have time to come to the track to properly prepare a car.

We might do better by looking back at previous series that we had run in 2019 or 2018.  The two series I think would work from the previous two years is either the Slot It McLaren CanAm series as we had done in H1 of 2019 or the Racer Group 5 series we ran in 2018.

With all of this being said, I would vote for running Slot It McLaren CanAm or Racer Group 5 in Q4 of this year and Slot It Group C in Q1 of 2021.

I look forward to hearing the thoughts of all the other members.

Participant

I had a post ready yesterday, but apparently did not hit SUBMIT.  I had proposed Group C for  the  next proxy race, but I understand Marty’s comment about continuing the tradition of Group C being the first race series each year.  I had thought that Group C might get the greatest number of entries for a proxy race.  We could  quite likely still be running proxy races in January.

Between Slot.it McLaren and Group 5, I would personally prefer the McLaren.  I assume the Group 5 Marty mentions is the Group 5 in 2017.  Although technically not a Racer series, that was the car needed to be competitive.  Not having a Racer, I would rather not have to purchase one.

I also  await member’s thoughts on what series to run and which series they have cars they would be willing to enter.

Russell

Participant

My vote – Q4 proxy – Slot.It McLaren. Good running cars, not much different technically from the Group-C, easy to restore from the garage box, easy to buy if needed. As John commented last year, 12v seemed a “little hot” for these cars so I propose we race at 11v, just like 97.8% of the other Slot.IT series.
      Q1 – Group-C JIC we get some potential new members, and it requires minimal prep esp. during the typically busy month of Dec.

p.s. Posting with the new version of WordPress is a PAIN. I never know if my post will save or not, and yes I am using Chrome so it’s not the browser. It’s also a real big pain for a formum post if you try to attach or insert Images, Files and any URLs.

Participant

I would like to run RevoSlot this winter or one of the other classes that I liked my car – BTCC 2017.

I would say Gr 5 but if memory serves me that turned into a BMW 1 Series with David’s car having some special speed.  During the series some people bought BMW’s to get competitive.  I loved my Capri but was not a competitive driver on top of not having a BMW 1.

If we race the McLaren Slot.it car, which is one of my favorite real cars, I also believe it was a better car at 11 volts.

I agree we should keep the Group C series for 2021.

Participant

As of 9/1
      ThunderSlot Schedule
      #4 Sept 5
      #5 Sept 19
      #6 Oct 3
      Planning Oct 10

Participant

As of 9/27
      ThunderSlot #6 Oct 3
      Planning Oct 10
      DTM Proxy #1 Oct 24 //Three weeks

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.