Routed Track for Sale

Home Forums Slot Car Talk For Sale or Trade Routed Track for Sale

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I am selling my routed slot car track.  The price for the track and the timing system is $0.  Yes, zero dollars.  The track does need some work due to water damage but is completly repairable – see Russell for “how to” information.  Any buyer must have the space and promise to let the club run on it.  I am even throwing in the timing system for free.  I would throw in the Pyramid power supply for an additional $100 to anyone that needs it.  All you have to do is rent the 20′ U-Haul truck and come pick it up.  I will even help you load it.  Each of the two part track sections sits on six heavy duty casters and moves easily.  I have included some pics but can send more if anyone is interested.

Marty

Keymaster

Wish I had the space. Georgetown club?

Participant

How would the track be in a commercial setting?  Can the track and/or timer be expanded to more lanes?

Thanks!

Warren

Warren, 

Thanks for your interest in my routed track and congratulation on your opening up a brick and mortar location.  I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

I don’t think my track will give you what you want.  It’s only three lanes and has an average lap length of 65’.  I would think you are going to want something far larger for your new space that would give someone the sense of awe when they saw it.  After all, anyone can buy and build a plastic track but a routed track is something that is not only unique but is something that drives significantly better without all of the track connections to drive over.  Having a plastic track is still good for business as you can show people what they can create with the products they can purchase from you or Kings.  

In regards to the routed track – I would avoid the temptation of using the Circuit of Americas as a track plan.  Real tracks rarely make good slot car tracks.  There is cache in being able to say you have a scale model of the track but the reality is that a slot car and a real car drive and behave very differently.  Track design for a project like this is critical and has to be done while factoring in all of the uses and users of the track.  There are elements of the COTA you could use in building a track but to make it really fun to drive you would have to alter it to some degree. 

Thanks,

Marty

Participant

Hi Marty-

I’m curious what are the dimensions of your track.  I may very well be able to accomodate it and the club, while still having plenty of room for my other 2 tracks.  I would certainly be interested in seeing it if it is still available.

Thanks!

Warren

Warren, 

Thanks for the inquiry into my track.  Unfortunately it is already spoken for by one of the club members.  The dimensions were 16’ long by 9’ wide.  My goal in the three lane design was to get as much lane length into a small footprint while making it not so difficult to drive that my son and his friends couldn’t enjoy it.  I also was trying to limit the number of corner marshals it would take to work the track so if three were running the other three could marshal the track.  

How much space do you have for your routed track? 

Marty

Participant

That track would have been 2 feet too long for me in any case.  My space for it is only 15′ wide, and there would need to be at least a foot, preferably a foot on each side, to get arouund it.   I suppose it’s for the best.  Come on out and check out my space when you get the chance, as I would still like to build a routed  track, but not for the 1:24 cars, just 1:32.  Sorry ya’ll, but it’s a space and expense thing.

I am getting ready to break down my three lane routed track and pitch it if there are no takers.  If you are interested please let me know by September 15th.  Don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me or call me if you have any questions.

Marty – 512-468-8072. 

Keymaster

This deal is done!! Thank you, Marty.

All,

I have called a junk removal company and they are coming to pick up my old custom slot car track.  If you are interested please let me know ASAP because it will be gone next Sunday.

Marty, 512-468-8072

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.