My 1/43 Hillclimb

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Members Tracks My 1/43 Hillclimb

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Welcome to groom Lake Hillclimb. This is a lancapeded one-lane routed track I built some years ago. It rests on a 3’x6′ footprint, partly because space is at a premium, and partly because I had the materials handy for that size. I was working pretty much in a vacuum at the time and I did make some mistakes, mainly the track surface lacks grip, but I could fix that If I got motivated. It’s a 50s sci-Fi themed track, btw, with references to old movies I like.

overall view

canyon

barn

Don’t go to sleep!
      pods

THEM!
      Ant

I don’t run on it much these days, my interest has turned to 1/32, and the only 1/32 car that fits is my Subie 360

Contemplating a routed 1/32 track since it looks like I may be able to free up some space in the near future.

Participant

Marc – what is tweaking my curiosity is
      Who is Datto and why is he your hero?
      Are those leaves really alien body pods?
      What did you name the ant? what is his track, jaws torque rating and RPM?

Very nice work.  I love the Sci-Fi angle.  Are the pods from a Twilight Zone episode?  Thanks for sharing your track/creation.

Participant

Datto because I was into Datsuns for some years 🙂

The pods are from “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”

[attachment file=”1600-pana.jpg”]

Attachments:
      Participant

Wow, Marc, that is a really cool layout.  I think I would buy a 1/43 car or two to run on it.  I recognized “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” (1956) and “Them” but I don’t recognize the one with the cabin and COE truck.

Participant

The cable kinda serves double duty. Half (the half with the COE) is the Body Snatchers vignette. The other half is a bit hard to see, but it’s from 20 Million miles to Earth, the Stop motion monster in the burning barn. You can barely see him in the pic with the Cobra headed toward camera.

Yes, I should clean up some of the 1/43 cars, and run them again.

Participant

I am not a big fan of HobbyTown (round rock) but was there this weekend and they have some cool 1/43 cars – Cobras, Stangs and I think a Merc. I have a modified Carrera Ferrari 458 with a hot FF motor that I’d like to try on Marc’s track!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.